Voted as one of the best art districts in America, Minneapolis Northeast offers an eclectic mix of both old and new world charm. The southern part of the district is filled with decades-old bars & pubs along with award-winning restaurants, and breweries. The place is dotted with art studios galore that come even more alive when the annual Art A Whirl studio tour takes place. The district becomes more and more residential as you move towards the north, finally transitioning into suburbs. Following are some of the iconic landmarks of this place where you can taste the true flavors of this district.
- Grumpy’s Bar: Grumpy’s is one of the most iconic bar of the Minneapolis Northeast Arts District. The place serves local beer and all of Minnesota’s bar food you could want.
- Ritz Theater: This beloved Minneapolis theater has been there in the district since 1926. Witness performances of popular shows along with food and drinks from Surdyk’s here.
- Erte and the Peacock Lounge: If you are looking to taste some French American food with some live music, pop into the Erte with its supper club atmosphere. Toss back some of the best martinis of the city in The Peacock lounge just across the road.
- Sikora’s Polish Market: This self-proclaimed Little Poland market lies right in the middle of the Northeast Arts District.
- Gasthof’s: Sample some traditional fare at this German beer hall. The place is great as a warm-weather hang out with friends while also being the hub of Das Boot drinking competition.
- Mayslack: If you are on the lookout for reasonably cost drinks with some local band music, Mayslack bar is the place for you. The place is popular among both local residents as well as hipsters.
The walking style lanes of the Minneapolis Arts District are full of independent galleries and shops that are worthy of exploration. In addition, there are plenty of events and tours that keep happening throughout the year to make the place livelier and more interesting.
If you’re looking to buy or sell a condo or a home in the Minneapolis Northeast location and/or the surrounding areas, please feel free to call, text, or email me at your earliest convenience.
Shannon Lindstrom, REALTOR®, AHWD, GREEN, NCS