If you have started a search for a Twin Cities real estate agent, you might have already realized that most agents tout themselves as experts on a type of property they typically work with—local experts, lakefront experts, luxury condo experts, etc. There are times when working with a specialized agent with advanced designations might be an option for you.
The National Association of Realtors® offers advanced designations to help consumers choose the right agent for their needs. Here are just a few certifications that address unique circumstances:
• Military Relocation Professional – (MRP): These specialists have been trained on benefits and programs available for military families, and have expertise in VA funding.
• Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource – (SFR): Navigating the lender requirements for selling a distressed property requires expertise. These agents have been trained to help homeowners in these situations.
• Green Designations – (GREEN): A GREEN agent can offer information about sustainable building, restoration, remodeling, and energy efficiency standards.
• Accredited Buyer’s Representative – (ABR): Agents with this designation have learned how to offer homebuyers superior service.
• Certified Residential Specialist – (CRS): This is the highest credential awarded to residential agents and guarantees a high level of experience.
• Seniors Real Estate Specialist – (SRES): Agents with this specialized certification are specially equipped to help senior citizens with their real estate needs.
• Real Estate Negotiation Expert – (RENE): This certification means the agent has taken negotiation classes with NAR and has passed advanced technique training.
Not everyone needs a real estate specialist, but these National Association of Realtors® specialized certifications can help you find the right agent for your unique needs
Realty Group, Inc.
Shannon Lindsttrom, Realtor®, AHWD, GREEN
3495 Northdale Blvd NW, Ste 200
Coon Rapids, MN 55448