The Audubon Park is a green friendly neighborhood in northeast Minneapolis. The Small Area Plan originated with the objective of making a framework for the future progress of the neighborhood. Small Area Plans coexists with the Minneapolis 2040 Master Plan.
Objectives of the Small Area Plan:
- To confirm that future growth in the neighborhood is in line with The Minneapolis Plan, market circumstances and aspiration of the residents.
- Protect the solidarity of the residential area.
- Make sure that Audubon Park continues to fulfill the neighborhood’s needs.
- Promote growth of distressed residential localities.
- Continue feasible business establishments in Central Avenue and Johnson Street.
Features of the Audubon Park Master Plan
- Land Utility Features: Setting up of activity center. The plan specifies the height of buildings in the activity center and their intended uses.
- Establishing Neighborhood commercial nodes. The plan places limitations on the height of buildings in the commercial nodes.
- Commercial Corridor. This plan lays out a policy for commercial corridors. The plan also mentions the intended uses of commercial corridors.
- The plan also has a policy for Community corridor.
- Industrial Employment District. The plan makes a mention of redeveloping Shoreham Yards. This redevelopment is expected to have significant impact on the Audubon Park neighborhood.
- Area Demographics. The plan mentions the population, age, household size, etc..
- Housing. Details about the houses, rental houses and vacant properties are also available in the plan.
- Land use and zoning. The plan examines the uses of land in different parts of the neighborhood. Commercial zones. Recreation zones and residential zones are described in the plan.
- History of the neighborhood.
- Future vision and goals. The plan describes in detail the outlook for the future of Audubon Park neighborhood.
If you’re looking to buy or sell a home in or near the Twin Cities, please feel free to contact RE/MAX Results – Shannon Lindstrom, Realtor at 612-616-9714 or visit www.ShannonLindstromRealtor.com today!