Green living has become a goal for many communities throughout the United States, but in Minneapolis-St Paul green living is a reality. The city has devoted time, energy and resources into becoming more sustainable, and its residents are committed to the cause. If you are interested in Minneapolis St Paul green friendly homes, then you will love all of the eco-friendly efforts that have been put in place throughout the Twin Cities.
- There’s an abundance of parks. In fact, Minneapolis was recently giving the distinction of having the best parks in the entire country by the Trust for Public Land. Parks give Minneapolis St Paul residents a place to exercise, enjoy their free time and connect with nature.
- There’s environmentally-friendly public transportation available. There’s a new light rail line that connects Minneapolis to St Paul, minimizing the need to drive a car between the two cities. In addition, there’s green-friendly initiatives that are clustered along the rail line, highlighting the sustainable efforts being made by the community.
- There’s public community gardens. The gardens are a sanctuary for people, plants and wildlife alike.
- There’s sustainable restaurants. These restaurants feature menus that are created from locally-sourced foods, including meats and produce. Many of them also emphasize the importance of sustainable infrastructure and recycling.
- There’s active local farmer’s markets that open on a seasonal basis. Scattered throughout the Twin Cities, these markets are open on different days of the week from May to October ensuring that everyone has access to fresh produce, unique local products and beautiful flowers.
Throughout many of the neighborhoods in these cities, you will find Minneapolis St Paul green friendly condos and single-family homes. And if you’re passionate about the environment, you’ll find that green living is the natural way of life in this area. As a GREEN designated Realtor, I am here to make your Minneapolis St Paul green living dreams come true. Contact me today!